Included during Kampala’s Workshop: (total 9 night – 10 days)
• Hotel and Breakfast.
• A Driver/guide in-country transportation, to accompany the photographers during photographic work in the field in and around Kampala.
• Rick’s coaching and guidance. Students are closely mentored to provide the highest quality of work over the course of the week.
• Participants will work closely with NGOs and nonprofits to construct photo stories and essays about the work of the organizations. Rick provides all the pre-workshop logistics for nonprofit assignments based each student's interest and goals. Student work benefits nonprofits in their need to publicize their projects and their activities to new audiences
• Essay reviews with instructor.
• Lectures on narrative storytelling elements, working with NGOs and other information to help students improve their documentary photography, as well as insights about Africa, Africans and their cultures.
NOT included during Kampala’s Workshop:
• International Airfare to and from Entebbe/Kampala, Uganda. (EBB)
• Daily lunch, dinners, alcoholic beverages, personal expenses and incidentals.
• Travel Insurance
• Shuttle transportation from and to the Airport.
• Other impromptu trips into the city.
Included during the Safari (total 7 nights -8 days)
• Transportation from Kampala to Bwindi, Bwindi and to Queen Elizabeth N.P, and from Queen Elizabeth N.P. to Kampala.
• 2 nights accommodation at Engagi Lodge, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
• 5 nights-6 days accommodation at Mweya Safari Lodge or Jacana Safari Lodge, Queen Elizabeth National Park
• Full board meal plan (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
• Round trip transport in private safari vehicles with drivers.
• 1 gorilla tracking permit per person at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
• 2 game drives per day at Queen Elizabeth National Park.
• Launch trip on the Kazinga Channel.
• National park entrance fees (QE Nat. Park)
• Driver expenses.
• All statutory taxes.
NOT included during the Safari:
• Beverages, incidentals, gratuities and items of a personal nature.
• Lunch on the first day/last day.
• Optional primate walk at the Kyambura Gorge (QE Nat. Park) of $50 per person (non-residents) / $40 per person (residents) can be prepaid, or paid direct subject to availability
• Optional nature walk (QE Nat. Park) of $10 per person (non residents / residents) payable direct.
You may register by mail with a check or money order sent to Laura Martin 6834 South 40th Lane Phoenix AZ 85041. In person, please call at (602) 561-9334, Rick D’Elia 480-452-5723, D’Elia Photographic, P.O. Box 19354, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268, to set up an appointment at your convenience. We will also accept payments by credit card via PayPal at D’Elia Photographic. If you wish to use this method contact Rick and he will send you an invoice via PayPal. We cannot hold space in a workshop without a deposit. Once your deposit has been received, you will receive an email confirmation. Additional information, including an invoice will be mailed once the minimum number of participants is reached. Final payment of your balance may be made by check or money order, payable in U.S. funds.
$7,000 per person/double occupancy.
$400 additional for single rate. (available in Kampala only)
$1,000 deposit is required at the time of registration.
Balance is due 45 days prior to the start of the workshop.
Since enrollment is limited, we encourage you to apply early. Call to check availability. Please do not make travel plans before registering or being told that the workshop is a “go.” Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tuition notes: Spouses or companions may accompany students, however we have to charge full price due to the limited number of spaces in the workshop.
CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICIES
We rely on your attendance to make important arrangements, so if for any reason you need to withdraw, please notify us at least 45 days before the start of your workshop. At that time we will refund your deposit in full. If notification of cancellation is made between 45 days and 1 day before the start of the workshop, we must retain the $1,000 deposit. D’Elia Photographic & Laura Martin Photography Workshops reserves the right to cancel a reservation if full payment has not been received by 35 days before the start of the workshop. D’Elia Photographic & Laura Martin Photography Workshops are not responsible for cancellations due to medical or any other emergencies. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. In the event that a workshop must be canceled due to inadequate enrollment, all fees and deposits will be refunded in full. D’Elia Photographic & Laura Martin Photography Workshops are not responsible for reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets in the event of a workshop cancellation. Please check the workshop status before making travel arrangements 30 days prior to the beginning of the workshop. This workshop is transferable to a qualified friend or a family member of your choice; please let us know at least 15 days prior the beginning of the workshop if this will be the case.
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances for prior to and during travel and that might prevent your attendance. We suggest a plan that offers coverage for medical/dental evacuation emergencies, lost baggage, missed connections, and trip cancellation, should you unexpectedly need to cancel. We can suggest several resources:
Gina Ruggiero, Travelex agent
Villa Vita International
Toll Free 866-590-8181
Travel Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, California.
When you make your flight reservation many agents will be able to help you get your entry visa for Uganda although American citizens may also get one upon arrival in Entebbe for $50 US. Non-American citizens should double check this issue.
Some countries will also require a passport that is still valid for six months; double check your expiration date.